Reduce the appearance of unwanted scars with the help of our medical expert team
- Treatment for acne scarring
- Treatment for other superficial scars
- Appointments 6 days a week
Scars are a very common complaint, with most people having at least one scar. There aren’t many of us who have escaped injury at some point in our lives!
Scars affect everyone – any age, men and women alike, and any skin types. Scars bother some people and likewise others may find them a source of pride. If you are self conscious of scars then this can have a serious effect on self esteem and confidence.
There are various types of scars that we see in our Droitwich clinic, but the main types of scars include:
- Acne Scars – these can be varying types such as ice-pick scars, boxcarscars and rolling scars
- Keloid scars – more common in darker skin types, keloid scars are raised above the skin and can grow outside of the original wound area. They are formed when the skin produces too much collagen during the healing process.
- Contracture Scars – these are formed when the skin tightens and shrinks during the healing process and are typically seen after burns
- Hypertrophic Scars – these scars are often red and are raised above the skin. They can look shiny and be irritating.
There are various treatments we can offer in clinic for scar treatment and improvement. Whilst it is unlikely we can remove your scar completely, there are many ways to soften and improve the feel, texture and appearance of scars.
Treatment for Scars
This can take the form of:
- dermaroller – small needles located on a barrel are rollered over the skin causing tiny micro punctures. This stimulates the body’s healing cascade to produce collagen building, therefore restoring fresher looking skin.
- dermapen – this is an electronic version of dermaroller, where an electronic device is used to vibrate on the skin causing micro punctures, and stimulating collagen production in a similar way to dermaroller.
- dermastamping – this is a form of percutaneous needle induction(PIN) where controlled injuries are inflicted on the skin, again stimulating the collagen induction through a controlled healing cascade.
Fractional Skin Resurfacing
Fractional Skin Resurfacing (FSR) is carried out using EndyMed Radio FrequencySkin Tightening. This uses radio frequency waves to stimulate renewal in the deeper layers of the dermis. This rejuvenates the skin, and can help to reduce the appearance of small scars, fine lines and wrinkles and rough skin.
Step by Step Scar Treatment
The first step to take is to book a consultation with one of our highly experienced Clinic Practitioners. You will run through your full medical history and the treatment will be explained to you. If you decide to go through with scar revision treatment, an appointment with one of our practitioners will be arranged for you.
Some redness will occur and the skin will feel hot and flushed for a couple of days. This is normal. You will be given a cream to use after the treatment and you will be advised to stop using your usual skin regime for a few days.
Topical anaesthetic cream will be applied to your skin before treatment. This numbs the skin. Then the micro needling treatment is done using an electronic device which delivers millions of small punctures. The treatment is minially invasive and not uncomfortable.
Summary of treatment
- Procedure Time Up to 60 mins
- Downtime 2-3 days
- Anaesthetic Topical
- Risks / Complications Redness, swelling, irritation
- Back To Work 24 Hours
- Duration Of Results Lifelong with maintenance
- Results Results visible approx. 4 weeks after first treatment, for best results course of 3 treatments, 6 weeks apart, are advised.
Before and After Images
|Course of 4
|eDS Genuine Dermaroller Cheels or Eyes Only
|eDS Genuine Dermaroller Full Face