SilDerm Scar Gel 15g
Price shown includes VAT.
Availability: In stock.£ 24.95
Scar Gel Treatment
- repairs unsightly scars
- odour-free, quick drying silicone
- improves old and new scars
SilDerm™ Scar Gel - clinically proven to not only prevent but can repair the unsightly scars caused by surgical operations, trauma injury, wounds or burns.
Routinely used by plastic surgeons to repair severe scarring, Scar Gel is a light, odour-free, quick drying silicone gel, and an ideal treatment for people to use at home to reduce and improve the appearance of both old and new scars.
Scars are usually formed from a trauma or injury. This can be the result of surgery, a burn or an accident. Anything that causes the skin to break will cause a scar, and in some people the scars will get better. In a large proportion of people, the scars will remain red and raised and these need to be treated with a safe effective product that is clinically proven to work.
Some people heal slower than others and they are more likely to get scars. If the scar is still red and raised after 2 weeks then SilDerm™ Scar Gel should be used to reduce the redness and flatten the scars.
If you know that you scar easily or have a family member that scars then you should use SilDerm™ Scar Gel as soon as the skin has healed. Early use has been clinically proven to prevent scar formation
SilDerm™ Scar Gel is a unique blend of naturally occurring silicones. Silicone has been clinically proven in numerous studies to reduce the redness of scars, flatten scars and minimise the pain and itchiness. SilDerm™ Scar Gel’s silicone ingredients works and Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists support the use of silicone in the management of scars. SilDerm™ Scar Gel is an easy to apply product that dries quickly to form a barrier that helps heal the scar.
SilDerm™ Scar Gel is widely used to treat and prevent scars by Physicians. Physicians choose a product based upon the evidence that is available to prove that it works and it is safe. The components of SilDerm™ Scar Gel have been extensively researched and they are known to have a good or very good effect in about 80% of patients.
SilDerm™ Scar Gel will take about three months to work, on the majority of scars but some results should be seen after about two weeks. The scar will flatten and the redness start to get lighter. The larger the scar, or the older the scar, the longer it will take so keep using SilDerm™ Scar Gel until you stop seeing an improvement.
Tips to improve your scars
- All scars get worse in the sun. Stay out of the sun if you have a scar or cover the scar.
- As well as using SilDerm™ Scar Gel, massage the scar with a simple moisturising cream. Use a simple cream with no perfumes or additives in.
- Don’t massage SilDerm™ Scar Gel into the area. Apply a thin layer and leave it to dry.
- If you have a history of scarring then use SilDerm™ Scar Gel as soon as the wound has healed. Early use of SilDerm™ Scar Gel has been proven to reduce the chance of scars developing by up to 60%5.
- If you think that you have a Keloid scar then speak to a Dermatologist, Plastic Surgeon or Scar Specialist, who will advise the best combination treatments to use with SilDerm™ Scar Gel.